Saturday, February 21, 2009

Elijah Turns 2!







Tomorrow is Elijah's second birthday and, let me tell you, I have realized that your child's birthday is probably a bigger deal to you, as a parent, than it is to them. My baby isn't a baby, anymore. He's a true big boy. And I really do sit and reflect on the past 2 years... starting at the top.
We had his birthday party tonight. Elijah has taken so much to tractors that we went with a John Deere Tractor theme. We don't have a whole lot of money for decorations, so I found some yellow and green crepe paper at The Dollar Tree and printed some clip art of tractors off and colored them. Pair that with a few balloons and the boy was in heaven! My only problem is that he is the worst at looking at the camera and smiling so the only smiles I catch are directed at someone or something else. Oh well, at least the boy smiles. He's such a happy little camper.... And speaking of camper, mommy & daddy bought him a tent set (clearance at MC Sports!)... He just loves it. In fact, he's sleeping in his tent tonight (if he ever decides to go to sleep but that's another blog).

3 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday for the BIG two year old I bet he loved every bit if it. Very nice job with the decorations and theme.

    Happy Birthday Elijah

    Love Grandpa and Grandma Skeen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Elijah is two! I can't believe it. I am trying to remember how old he was when we saw him and I think he was only about 6 months old! I can't wait to meet him again- hopefully it will be sometime soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Elijah!! I can't believe he is already 2 years old! It sounds like he had a great birthday party:)

    ReplyDelete