Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I win, again




Each year, for as long as I can remember, my dad and I would always have a contest to see who can spot the first robin (our sure sign that spring was on it's way). Well, since I have lived in Missouri, my poor daddy hasn't stood a chance of winning- as we get spring about a month earlier down here. But it even seems early for us this year. Anyway, here it is... Two pregnant mama robins in our backyard today- checking us out through the window.
Dad, this is for all the years you lied about already having seen a robin two weeks prior to me announcing my win. Love you!

1 comment:

  1. princess,
    I would never lie about such a thing as seeing the first robin. I was only predicting the future cause I knew I would see the first one. thanks for the first sign of spring it gives me hope of getting through this long cold winter.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete